2015-05-28

Back Home

Look what I got


We're back home from our May 2015 Art and Stitch Retreat Trip. Unpacking my luggage feels like Christmas! So many goodies, ready to start my next projects (after the Retreat Trip in June that already starts end of next week):


TSA Notice of Baggage Inspection


Inside my suitcase was a paper telling me that TSA had inspected the contents, to protect me. I hope the officer was a quilter and enjoyed it all :)

Thank You!

I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who was part of our Retreat Trip:



Our Students: you were great - picked the new techniques up quickly, which makes the classes really enjoyable. Faith, thank you for bribing me with chocolate. Ate it before taking a photo.

Leslie Main of Country Traditions in Fremont, NE: Thank you for hosting the Retreat in your Super Location. Your store is a dream for quilters and the class area upstairs is the largest we have ever seen. Very comfortable!


Thank you AccuQuilt: we truly enjoyed the AccuQuilt Experience and meeting many of you in person. Seeing those beautiful quilts in your gallery was a great inspiration. Loved the quick demo of the new AccuQuilt Big. 


MQS Cedar Rapids: although we thought we had left the noisy Union Pacific train behind in Fremont, it must have followed us... Got lots of Souvenirs from MQS: thank you Havels for the fabric scissors in our goodies bag!

 I bought some colored Magna Glide Delights bobbins to match my favorite Glide thread.
Still need to get the rhododendron color L-bobbins... next time :)

 Thank you Fred Hill for making those beautiful pieces of wood art!. The magnetic pinholder is very useful and I'm amazed how effective the wooden seam presser works. No need to iron, which makes this a real environment friendly product. The sphere and the bowl are just stunning beautiful.

 Our Retreat at Longarm Quilting Academy, hosted by Nanc Christopherson was made special and yummie by the beautiful cake with our Art and Stitch logo on it, donated by Butch Stivers of Delicious Cakes. Thanks so much.

 Our Retreat in Austin, TX, was made special by the trunk show by Kimberly Jolly and her team of Fat Quarter Shop. Seeing the quilts that we all know from her many videos is a wonderful experience. I bought lots of fabric and books to keep me busy for quite a while. First thing to try is the Alphabitties to mark fabric pieces while piecing a quilt.


The last part of this trip was our Master Class in Austin, TX. Thank you Brenda Papadakis for your entertaining show and tell of the Jane Stickle quilt and your Dear Jane project that took over your life. And thank you for signing the books - will treasure them. A small version of a Dear Jane quilt is on my bucket list.

 Thank you Betty for letting me steal your cute measuring tape.

 On Sunday we had planned a sightseeing trip to Hamilton Pool: it was a short trip: Hamilton Pool was closed because of the flooding. A sign "water over road" was an understatement: road and bridge were gone. We left Memorial Day before the flooding in downtown Austin. Our thoughts are with the many people affected by it.

Next teaching trip starts on June 6. Already figuring out how to pack lighter than ever - still need more bobbins, books and fabric, after all there's no such thing as "too much fabric or books" for quilters and embroiderers.

Loes
http://artnstitch.academy/2015










2 comments:

  1. Thank you both for the excellent classes. The presentations were the best I have taken. Glad you're home safely, now to rest up for the next one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy that you enjoyed your time here! I look forward to showing you what we learned...I can hope that someday I am mildly proficient. Thank you isn't sufficient, but it is heartfelt. I know that you spent hours and hours preparing for the class, and I appreciate each moment. Looking forward to seeing you again!! Bring the extra suitcase!

    ReplyDelete