2011-05-02

Vest number two

Hi everyone,

First of all: thank you all so much for being at MQX in Providence and telling me you saw the vest in my blog. I was really happily surprised that so many people saw it and came to see the real vest in our booth!

The vest is very nice to wear: because of the extra thin batting it has a nice "embroidered" look. On our website I mentioned that with Art and Stitch and a computerized longarm machine, you have the biggest embroidery hoop ever. Well my vest proved that that is so true.

Because of the beautiful, sunny, but chilly weather overhere right now, I decided I wanted another vest, more of a quilted look. And it has to be very neutral so I can wear it with any skirt or jeans. So guess what, while I am typing this, my longarm system is humming away on a new vest: white on white. I am using Glide thread and Magna Glide bobbins (FilTec). I got two bobbin samples at MQX and I keep my fingers crossed that those two are sufficient to complete the white vest. Then I will stock up during MQS.

In a few days we are packing and leaving again for the next trip: MQS Kansas Overland Park.
If you haven't signed up for our Art and Stitch classes, do it now: seatings are limited and they are filling up as we speak.
See page http://www.pre-designstudio.com/mqs2011.htm

After MQS we will be teaching at Shirley Higginbotham's Classic Quilt Studio in Claksburg, WV. I believe that there are still a few openings there, but I'm not sure. Contact Shirley if you want to sign up:
http://www.classicquiltstudio.com/

If time permits (and with a two days event, we will surely find time), I can show you how to bring a fitted vest pattern into Art and Stitch, ready to fill with designs to sew on your computerized longarm. So for those of you who signed up for the event at Shirley's: bring a paper pattern of your favorite vest and we will turn that into an Art and Stitch pattern.


I know I should use black thread on white fabric so that the photos are better for this blog, but I really need a white on white vest first :)


Loes
http://www.artandstitch.com

1 comment:

  1. Loes, This is beautiful! I love that you added Crosshatching to this one. The white on white is such a class act! I have to learn the pattern technique you speak of.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Suzanne Burke

    ReplyDelete