2011-04-07

Jacket / Vest Project: finished project

Hi everyone,

The final vest is ready - just in time for our trip to MQX show in Providence, RI.

After quilting the first version I changed a couple of things: In the first version, the quilting patterns are open and I used a normal batting. Both together resulted in a "winter-type" vest, which is somewhat too thick for this spring. So I changed the patterns, resized them and used more intricate feather patterns. I used patterns from Sharon Shamber and from Judy Allen, digitized in Art and Stitch, and some of my own Art and Stitch patterns. In combination with a thinner batting this made the result flatter.

I connected all designs for the front parts into one object. The back consists of 7 separate patterns. I saved all pattern pieces in one file for the quilt system.
Started quilting the front parts.
When advancing the quilt, I kept the needle in the fabric, rolled the quilt and just realigned.

The photos below show the result.
So, come to our booth at MQX next week, or take one of our classes and see the real
vest :)

See class descriptions at
http://www.pre-designstudio.com/workshops.htm



Loes
http://www.artandstitch.com

This is an image of the Print Preview in Art and Stitch: both front patterns are in one color. The back part consists of multiple colors (stops to cut thread). The lines around the patterns are the seam allowance, stitched too, making it very easy to cut the pattern pieces and sew together:


Here's the pattern on the frame:


The result:


Detail of collar:


Detail of pattern: